Standards, Program Development, Policies, Guidelines, and Procedures are the foundation of Business Continuity and are needed to ensure that an organization is working without stopping in case of an adverse event. In my last post i discussed a bit about standards. Lets dig a bit more and learn more.
Program Management is an ongoing process to make sure that necessary steps are regularly taken in order to identify disasters, emergencies, threats and accidents. It also involves:
- Thorough assessment of the possible effects of adverse events
- Developing plans and recovery strategies
- Ensure readiness through plan testing and personnel training
Policies are the road-map deputed by the management of an organization that will always be followed according to a preset design plan, and supporting all business functions within an organization.
BCM Plan is a set of documents, instructions, and procedures which enable a business to respond to disasters, emergencies, accidents and threats without any hindrance or stoppage in its key operations. BCM plan is also known as business resumption plan, disaster recovery plan, or recovery plan.
BCM Planning is the task of identifying, developing, acquiring, documenting, and testing procedures and resources that will ensure continuity of an organization's key operations in the event of a disaster, accident, threat or emergency. It includes:
- Business Recovery Planning in order to ensure continued operation in the aftermath of a disaster
- Risk Mitigation Planning in order to mitigate against the risk should an unfortunate event occur
That's it for today folks. I will discuss Business Guidelines in upcoming post. Stay in touch and keep on visiting the Microcom IT's blog